How Long Does an Oil Change Take?
In most cases, you can expect an oil change to take less than an hour. In fact, our Express Lane Service ensures you get back on the road quickly If you’d like to know how long it will take, contact us for more specific timing.
How Long Should an Oil Change Take If I Do It Myself?
The time it takes to change oil yourself can vary depending on your skill level and the type of vehicle you have. Plan on it taking more than an hour if it’s your first oil change. You’ll want to pull together your tools and supplies ahead of time:
- New Mopar Oil Filter
- New Synthetic or Conventional Oil
- Rubber Mallet
- Wrench Set
- Wheel Blocks
- Oil Pan
While changing your oil yourself often costs less than going to a dealership, the time and cost in tools makes it easier to turn to Buchanan Auto Park, Inc. near Hagerstown for your next oil change.
Oil Change FAQ
Before you undertake an oil change, it’s good to understand the following facts:
- Why Get Your Oil Changed at a Dealership? – With more service bays and a highly trained team, you know that we can take care of your RAM oil change quickly and without any issues.
- When Should I Get an Oil Change? – It used to be that you’d need to get an oil change every 3,000 miles, but that has changed. Most cars need an oil change every 5,000 to 7,500 miles. That can change depending on how you drive the vehicle, so consult your owner’s manual first.
- Where Can I Find Oil Change Coupons? – For discounted oil changes, check our service specials pages. You can save on an oil change for your Dodge, RAM, Jeep, or Chrysler vehicle.
- Should I Use Synthetic or Conventional Oil? – Check your owner’s manual to find out which oil your vehicle requires.
Visit Buchanan Auto Park, Inc. near Chambersburg for a Fast Oil Change!
We’re conveniently located a short drive from Gettysburg, and our qualified service team can handle any maintenance tasks from oil changes to collision repair. Call us at 717-584-4205 for information on repairing dents and scratches or stop in for a transmission fluid check today.
More From Buchanan Auto Park, Inc.
The RAM 5500 was built to handle even the greatest challenges on the road, and you’ll be blown away when you see what the latest model can do! From the phenomenal RAM 5500 towing capacity to its unbelievable horsepower figures, the powerhouse chassis cab has generated best-in-class figures across the segment. Let’s take a closer…
If you’re on the prowl for your next truck, then we recommend taking a look at the 2019 RAM 1500 specs. The RAM 1500 engines offer three different ways to experience this powerful pickup. From the standard V6 to the optional V8 and the best-in-class eTorque Mild Hybrid System, you’re bound to find a perfect…
Contact Us Schedule Service To reset a check engine light on a RAM 1500, simply follow the three easy steps below: Disconnect the negative cable from your battery Wait 20 minutes Reconnect the negative cable This should be all that you need to do to rest the computer in your newer RAM 1500 model. In…