How Long Does an Oil Change Take?
In most cases, you can expect an oil change to take less than an hour. In fact, our Express Lane Service ensures you get back on the road quickly If you’d like to know how long it will take, contact us for more specific timing.
How Long Should an Oil Change Take If I Do It Myself?
The time it takes to change oil yourself can vary depending on your skill level and the type of vehicle you have. Plan on it taking more than an hour if it’s your first oil change. You’ll want to pull together your tools and supplies ahead of time:
- New Mopar Oil Filter
- New Synthetic or Conventional Oil
- Rubber Mallet
- Wrench Set
- Wheel Blocks
- Oil Pan
While changing your oil yourself often costs less than going to a dealership, the time and cost in tools makes it easier to turn to Buchanan Auto Park, Inc. near Hagerstown for your next oil change.
Oil Change FAQ
Before you undertake an oil change, it’s good to understand the following facts:
- Why Get Your Oil Changed at a Dealership? – With more service bays and a highly trained team, you know that we can take care of your RAM oil change quickly and without any issues.
- When Should I Get an Oil Change? – It used to be that you’d need to get an oil change every 3,000 miles, but that has changed. Most cars need an oil change every 5,000 to 7,500 miles. That can change depending on how you drive the vehicle, so consult your owner’s manual first.
- Where Can I Find Oil Change Coupons? – For discounted oil changes, check our service specials pages. You can save on an oil change for your Dodge, RAM, Jeep, or Chrysler vehicle.
- Should I Use Synthetic or Conventional Oil? – Check your owner’s manual to find out which oil your vehicle requires.
Visit Buchanan Auto Park, Inc. near Chambersburg for a Fast Oil Change!
We’re conveniently located a short drive from Gettysburg, and our qualified service team can handle any maintenance tasks from oil changes to collision repair. Call us at 717-584-4205 for information on repairing dents and scratches or stop in to learn more about in-house financing, or a transmission fluid check today.
More From Buchanan Auto Park, Inc.
All of our Chrysler, Dodge, RAM, and Jeep® dealers agree, off-roading is a thrilling way to experience the power and versatility of your vehicle. However, at Buchannan Auto Park of Waynesboro, we also understand that part of embarking on an adventure means having a car that is fully equipped to do so. Off-roading is…
There once was a time when the Jeep® pickup truck was just a thing of the past, now a revitalized model is gracing showrooms across the country, Buchannan Auto Park of Waynesboro, PA included. Known as the 2020 Jeep Gladiator, we’re excited to show you just how this new Jeep truck is shaking up the…
At Buchannan Auto Park we understand the deep relationship between engine type and performance. Our Chrysler, Dodge, RAM, and Jeep® dealers can help you find the type of engine that’ll match your automotive needs. The engine is a complex block of machinery that can vary drastically between vehicles. From robust pickup trucks with enough horsepower…